Mizu Shingen Mochi | Japanese Raindrop Cake 水滴蛋糕

Hi my beloved foodies! Have you heard of Mizu Shingen Mochi? Japanese Raindrop Cake? Well, it is a Japanese dessert which is wildly popular in Japan. People said that it will disappear in 30 minutes. Sound mysteriuos huh? I have no idea about it at first. Is it a cake or a mochi? It is so mysterious because of its name and also its appearance. Finally I decided to give it a try for the sake of curiosity. 

Mizu Shingen Mochi | Japanese Raindrop Cake 水滴蛋糕 served with brown sugar syrup and soybean flour
Mizu Shingen Mochi | Japanese Raindrop Cake 水滴蛋糕 - RM7.90

It looks like a giant raindrop sitting on a leaf, served with brown sugar syrup and soybean flour. My first bite on the raindrop cake... Hmm... it tastes like a bland jello on its own. Soybean flour gives a nutty flavor to enhance the texture while the syrup makes it sweet. The sweetness is just nice and they are well-matched. 

Well, it is worth a try but not a must honestly. In fact, I didn't find out the reason why people are craving for it but I admit that it is an innovative dessert. Hopefully I can try the authentic Raindrop Cake in Yamanashi one day because I believe that there must be a reason behind it for people to queue up so long in Japan only for this dessert. Let's look forward to it. :)


P/s: Price is only for reference.

Comments

Post a Comment